Saturday, May 31, 2008

Golden Prison - The Louvre

In the mid-1980s when I was planning my (thus far, only) trip to Europe I stumbled on and bought this videotape in the "pre-owned" bin at a video rental store. This was a 1978 NBC release of a Lucy Jarvis documentary about The Louvre. (I just today learned -thru IMDB- that it was originally made in 1964.)

The VHS tape was (and still is) in excellent condition and though the style and content is obviously dated, it stands up to viewing still today.

Trish and I have been ridding ourselves of old and no longer needed clutter in the house and I've given away almost all of my VHS tapes. I've kept a few that I figured I wouldn't be able to replace with DVDs so that I can digitize them. This is the first one I've done and it came out quite well.

Because it has never been released in a digitized format, I feel no guilt at sharing this documentary with others - if NBC (or whoever owns the rights) re-released it on DVD I wouldn't do this, but they haven't so they obviously don't care about making this film available to the public.

I've split the film into 'youtube-acceptable' size chunks and uploaded them (six in total, with a sum playing time of about 44 minutes).

I don't know how long they will be available; I imagine that if youtube gets a complaint they'll pull them. So if you're interested in watching it I'd suggest you do so sooner rather than later.

Golden Prison - The Louvre (Part 1 of 6)


Golden Prison - The Louvre (Part 2 of 6)


Golden Prison - The Louvre (Part 3 of 6)


Golden Prison - The Louvre (Part 4 of 6)


Golden Prison - The Louvre (Part 5 of 6)


Golden Prison - The Louvre (Part 6 of 6)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this program when I first saw it on TV. I've heard the music from it (performed as a suite for concert band) many times, and even have recordings of it. What a treat to view it here again, after all these years! (And especially after having visited Paris a month ago.)

Wheezy said...

Can you share these videos again, please?

Anonymous said...

Hi Bill, can you help me a problem with 1200 litre hot tub used a couple time a week by one person going from 100ppm to 0ppm in a day. This just happened today. I have used hydrogen peroxide in my tub never delt with anything like this. My friend wanted to change hers over so I am helping her now for a bout 6 months now. It goes and is great for a couple of weeks then starts depleting faster. Checked everyday have been adding 1/4 cup

Anonymous said...

1/4 cup 35% in once week and rinse filter every Friday. Water is sparkling clean and basically one adult using it. Suggestions please